Chocolate nests recipe
Buying ingredients, reading instructions and following a recipe are great ways to help develop your child’s literacy skills in a fun and engaging way. We’ve put together a simple, child-friendly recipe for chocolate nests which you can make together. You could also ask your child to write you the shopping list for the ingredients.
You will need:
- A muffin tray
- Paper cake cases
- A glass bowl
- A mixing bowl and spoon
100g cornflakes or puffed rice
250g milk chocolate
2 tablespoons golden syrup
A bag of mini chocolate eggs or other decorations (optional)
- (For adult to do) Place a glass bowl over a saucepan of simmering hot water. Add the chocolate, butter and golden syrup and stir until melted and combined.
- (For child to do) Place the cornflakes into a mixing bowl and gently pour over the chocolate mixture.
- (For child to do) Mix the chocolate mix and cornflakes together with a spoon until they are well coated.
- (For child to do) Line the muffin tray with paper cases, and spoon the mixture into each case, using your finger to make a dent in the middle of each nest.
- (For adult to do) Place in fridge to cool for around two hours.
- (For child to do) Decorate with mini eggs or other decorations of your choice.