Easter rocky road treat
Here is an easy no-cook recipe that you can make with your children this Easter. It should only take around 15 minutes, plus time for chilling.
Following instructions and reading recipes is a great way for your children to practice their literacy skills outside of school.
You will need:
- 200g dark chocolate, chopped
- 200g milk chocolate, chopped
- 50g butter
- 1 tbsp golden syrup
- 100g rich tea biscuits, broken into small pieces
- 100g mini marshmallows
- 2 Crunchie bars, roughly chopped
- 40 mini eggs (choose whatever colours you like)
- Gently melt both chocolates, the butter and golden syrup in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water (or heat in short blasts in the microwave, stirring in between).
- Stir in the biscuits, marshmallows and Crunchie bits.
- Line a 22cm square brownie tin with a double layer of clingfilm then tip in the chocolate mix and level out as much as possible (it will be quite uneven on the surface).
- Push the mini eggs down into the surface (you can halve some of them if you like).
- Put in the fridge to set for 3 hours or overnight.
- Cut into squares to serve.
This will keep well in the fridge.